Ganesh Chaturthi, also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi, is an annual Indian festival celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy across India. During the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi, people from all walks of life gather together near the idol of Lord Ganesha to offer their prayers. Every year, the massive celebrations of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival can be felt across India and different parts of the world, especially in the state of Maharashtra.
A modak is the most savored food item during Ganesh Chaturthi, offered as a prasad to all the devotees. Various other sweet recipes are also prepared in Indian households during this auspicious festival. Out of all these recipes, she can prove to be a perfect breakfast dish to serve for the joyful mornings of this wonderful festival.
A traditional sheera recipe mainly consists of toasting semolina in cow ghee or oil and mixing it with a sweet element like sugar. She can be served in the form of dessert, and it is also offered as prasad in various pandals. A traditional sheera recipe can be made more wholesome by introducing gluten-free atta as the main ingredient. Introducing gluten-free atta will give an interesting texture and flavor profile to the all-time favorite sheera recipe.
We will use Aashirvaad ghee to prepare our simple sheera recipe in this recipe. The Aashirvaad ghee is formulated in a way that makes it the best in quality and rich in flavor. This pure cow ghee is prepared using a unique process that ensures a good texture, natural aroma, and taste of the ghee. The Aashirvaad Svasti ghee price can be found over here.
- 1 cup Aashirvaad Gluten Free Atta
- ½ cup Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee (melted)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Almonds (as required)
- Chopped Pistachios (as needed)
Preparation of Sheera Recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi:
- Take a non-stick pan and add melted ghee to it; heat the ghee in the pan, and then add Aashirvaad Gluten Free atta to it. Mix both the ingredients well on a medium flame for about 8 to 10 minutes or till the mixture turns brown and the ghee separates.
- Now, keep the mixture of flour and ghee on one side of the pan and the other; add water followed by sugar. Mix all the ingredients well till the sugar dissolves and all the components become uniform. Now, sprinkle the cardamom powder on top and mix well.
- The sheer mixture is completely done and ready to be served. Serve the sheer in small quantities while it is still hot. Garnish the mere with chopped almonds and chopped pistachios on top. This sheer dish can be best enjoyed in the morning alongside a cup of tea or coffee.